With the support of the State of New Jersey, the Burlington Board of Chosen Freeholders, Rutgers University School of Environmental and Biological Sciences (SEBS) and the New Jersey Agricultural Experimentation Station (NJAES), the Rutgers EcoComplex is building on its four mission areas of renewable energy, solid waste management, controlled environment agriculture, and water resources. SEBS faculty and NJAES staff have initiated and supported business incubation programs in bioenergy, bioreactor landfills, anaerobic digestion of food waste, cogeneration, landfill gas to transportation fuel, compost pile management, sustainable greenhouse production, and aquaponics. The EcoComplex is a full service business accelerator accommodating private for-profit client companies who benefit from the incubator's energy consultants, advanced environmental instrumentation and renewable energy technology pilot plant programs and initiatives in controlled environment agriculture. We are especially well suited for pilot scale demonstration projects and can provide technology verification of innovative technologies. In 2010, the incubator companies created or retained 47 jobs, brought in $1.7 million in revenue, and attracted $1.4 million in third party funding.
• A 30,000 square foot state-of-the-art business incubator complex with wet and dry labs, tech scale-up space and office space for lease.
• A 46,000 square foot state-of-the art greenhouse with 5 zones available space for lease
• Unique resources such as landfill gas, biomass feedstocks, and low cost energy.
• A customized program of support to meet your business and technology needs from concept through commercialization.
• Access to our network of contacts and resources within industry, government and academia