We are unique in focusing on sustainable businesses and nonprofits--companies and organizations developing green technologies, or modeling sustainable business practices, or advancing new business practices such as municipal energy aggregation. We encourage them to embrace principles and practices that maximize the triple bottom line of people, profits, and planet.
By "sustainability" we mean "meeting the needs of the present without compromising our ability to meet the needs of the future."
The mission is to provide assistance to enterprises (especially but not exclusively start-ups) and nonprofits with business initiatives that address issues of sustainability--helping the environment through green/cleantech products, providing social benefits to communities, and/or reducing the total impact of their operations.
We currently do not offer a physical facility - which means we do not have office or lab space that we rent out to clients. We provide most of the other services typically associated with an incubator--and offer some that are unique in being derived from an in-depth understanding of business and sustainability issues in the marketplace today.
Types of companies served include:
- Alternative energy companies, dealing with solar, wind, hydro, biomass, geothermal, co-generation, etc. and related technologies
- Alternative fuels companies
- Conservation-oriented companies
- Green manufacturing companies
- Green building technologies
- Hydroponics, greenhouses, and urban agriculture
- Nanotechnologies that relate to sustainability
- Measurement and metrics related to sustainability
- Recycling and reuse businesses
- Waste treatment and wastewater
- Other environmental initiatives
- Consulting and service companies supporting sustainability initiatives
- Educational initiatives
- Financial and market mechanisms related to sustainability
- Technology transfer processes
- Research collaboration opportunities, student interns, MBA student support teams, etc.
- Business planning and milestone tracking
- Product, marketing and manufacturing strategy support
- Prototyping, software, web development
- Strategic partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Sales strategy and business development
- Advice on governance, IP, licensing, corporate law, deal structuring
- Finance and accounting support
- Government agency navigation and grant support
- Networking opportunities with angel investors, venture capitalists, and other emerging businesses
- Linking large corporations and incubator participants around sustainable business practices
- Virtual (and possibly actual) business location in Morristown, NJ
- Administrative support through dedicated business partners
- Participation in collaborative initiatives of the green incubator alliance